Pakistan Association of New Zealand (PANZ) would like to extend its sorrow and grief in relation to the incident which took place in Lynnmall, New Lynn, Auckland.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has called it a terrorist attack. Prime Minister has further stated that the attack did not represent a religious or faith motive, rather it was an ideology of an individual.
We are disheartened and saddened to hear the news of this cowardly terrorist attack today at the Lynnmall. Our thoughts and prayers are with our fellow New Zealanders who have been injured or affected by the incident.
PANZ strongly condemn this incident. There is no place for any extremist-ideology in our society. We also request our community to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity or any such person to the authorities.
PANZ would like to advise Pakistani community members not to inflict the incident implications upon any faith or religion, and please refrain from listening to and spreading any rumours in relation to the incident.
PANZ would like to further advise Pakistani community members to:
• Stay calm and do not engage and/or participate in discussion(s) with other communities’ members, workplace colleagues and/or over the social media in relation to the incident.
• Stay calm, avoid and please do not respond to any racial and/or hate remarks that any of you might hear from anyone.
• If you feel stressed and/or unsafe, please report to the New Zealand Police.
• Please also let PANZ know via 0800 908 001 and/or via email@example.com. You may also contact PANZ via social media or via telephone to PANZ.
• Please strictly follow Covid-19 level 4 conditions in Auckland and stay safe.